Amitava Saha, co-founder and CEO of Xpressbees joined us in an interesting conversation on the story of his company and shared his perspectives on the state of logistics in India. We began a discussion of how Xpressbees has evolved from Firstcry which he has co-founded, and how they tackle the challenges of infrastructure on logistics in India. Last but not least, Amitava shared his thoughts on the current reckoning of India startups.
Here are the interesting show notes and links to the discussion (with time-stamps included):
- Amitava Saha, Co-founder and CEO, Xpressbees (Linkedin)
- How did you start in your career?
- You have an interesting story with your co-founder, Supam Maheshwari in FirstCry.com, which you spin off Xpressbees, can you tell me how both of you started FirstCry and introduce the company to the audience?
- How did you end up spinning off Xpressbees from FirstCry?
- From your first career to now, what are the interesting career lessons learnt?
- What is the mission and vision of the company? Where do you see the company in 5 years time?
- What kind of services that Xpressbees offer in the logistics space? Is it fully automated or digital or leverages on offline like a traditional logistics company?
- Who are the customers of Xpressbees and how do they engage you?
- What is your business model with Xpressbees?
- Does Xpressbees operate within the city or state or they also operate across the whole of India?
- Most ecommerce companies spun off their logistics into a separate company, and are captive to the parent company, can you tell me more about Xpressbees with their customer base in relation to FirstCry?
- Who are the investors to Xpressbees? Can you talk about them and why they have invested in you?
- Can you talk about the logistics industry in India and how are they structured?
- Given the infrastructure challenges of India, how does Xpressbees navigate the labour costs and logistics overheads?
- Recently, there has been a reckoning in Indian startups, how do you navigate in a tough climate with more investors skeptical of high valuations?
- Where do you see the logistics industry for India go in 5 years?
- Google Play
- Product Hunt
The show is hosted by Bernard Leong (@bleongcw) and are sponsored by Ideal Workspace (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn) with their new Altizen Desk on Indiegogo (Twitter, Facebook, Medium). Also check out Ideal Workspace’s new standing desk, Altizen and sign up for their mailing list. Sound credits for the intro music: Taro Iwashiro, “The Beginning” from Red Cliff Soundtrack.