Carolina Milanesi from Creative Strategies & Techpinions joined us for a two parter discussion from Huawei to artificial intelligence & Internet of things. In the second part, we discussed artificial intelligence, Internet of things and how the major companies such as Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, Google & Baidu are approaching the technology through their own core competencies and where it is heading.
Here are the interesting show notes and links to the discussion (with time-stamps included):
- Carolina Milanesi, Consumer Tech Analyst, Creative Strategies (@caro_milanesi, LinkedIn, Techpinions)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Internet of Things (IoT) [0:52]
- How do you define artificial intelligence in the technological perspective? [1:06]
- What is the definition of Internet of Things (IoT)? [1:52]
- If I have a piece of technology, how do I know that AI is embedded within? [2:06]
- There are different efforts on AI mainly in applying machine learning into digital assistants, for example Microsoft’s Cortana, Apple’s Siri, Amazon’s Alexa, Google and Baidu, where are their competencies in this area and how they are approaching it? [3:40]
- Microsoft with Cortana, Microsoft Office and Dynamics [3:50]
- Apple with Siri, iPhone, Apple Watch and TV [9:31]
- Amazon with Alexa and AWS [12:50]
- Google [15:19]
- Baidu [18:48]
- Recently after the CES, you wrote an article about artificial intelligence (AI) has now taken over the acronym where Internet of Things have occupied, how did you come to that conclusion? [20:37]
- AI and IoT are technologies that are usually embedded within devices or in spaces to enable connectivity, communication and interaction. Using the hype cycle perspective, do you think that they are both in the stage of inflated expectations in the cycle? [22:40]
- Google Play
- Overcast FM
- Product Hunt
The show is hosted by Bernard Leong (@bleongcw) and are sponsored by Ideal Workspace (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn) with their new Altizen Desk on Indiegogo (Twitter, Facebook, Medium). Also check out Ideal Workspace’s new standing desk, Altizen and sign up for their mailing list. Sound credits for the intro music: Taro Iwashiro, “The Beginning” from Red Cliff Soundtrack.
Special Promo for IoT Asia Conference 2017: Innovation and value generation remain at the forefront of the 4th edition of IoT Asia conference which returns on 29th to 30th March at the Singapore EXPO. Join the 3-track conference to learn about new developments and initiatives from thought-leaders and leading lights in the field. Use our promo code IOT7AASIA to get 10% off conference rates except Academic.