Jan Dawson from Jackdaw Research & host of Beyond Devices and Tech Narratives podcast joined us in a two part conversation discussing the tech narratives of the technology giants in Asia & the Korean chaebol: the Samsung Group. In the first of the two part conversation, he discussed the motivation behind creating the Tech Narratives site and how he covered the global technology giants in general. In the same conversation, we discussed the major narratives from global expansions to breakthrough technologies such as self driving cars that encompass the Asia technology giants from BAT in China to Softbank in Japan.
Here are the interesting show notes and links to the discussion (with time-stamps included):
- Jan Dawson (@jandawson), founder of Jackdaw research and host of the Beyond Devices and the Beyond Devices podcast (iTunes, SoundCloud) with Aaron Miller. [1:14]
- Tech Narratives (iTunes) [3:05]
- What is the motivation behind setting up the Tech Narratives site and podcast? [3:24]
- How does the website select or feature a tech story and explain the narrative? [7:47]
- Specifically in Asia, what are the major companies with tech narratives that you cover and why? [9:55]
- Let’s discuss a few tech narratives with the major dominant companies in Asia
- Google Play
- Overcast FM
The show is hosted by Bernard Leong (@bleongcw) and are sponsored by Ideal Workspace (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn) with their new Altizen Desk on Indiegogo (Twitter, Facebook, Medium). Also check out Ideal Workspace’s new standing desk, Altizen and sign up for their mailing list. Sound credits for the intro music: Taro Iwashiro, “The Beginning” from Red Cliff Soundtrack.