Before the special episode 200, we have a special episode from China Tech Talk hosted by John Artman from Technode & Matthew Brennan from China Channel where our host Bernard Leong was recently chatting about the entrance of Baidu, Alibaba & Tencent in Southeast Asia. In the conversation, we discussed the chronology to how the Chinese companies have set foot in the region and how Southeast Asia as a market appears to the rest of the world in social, political & economical terms.
This episode of China Tech Talk has been originally published in Technode.
We reproduce the show notes from Technode & thank the hosts John Artman and Matthew Brennan for letting us publish this episode on Analyse Asia as a special episode before our 200th episode.
This week John and Matthew talk with Bernard Leong, host of the Analyse Asia podcast, about Alibaba and Tencent’s activity in Southeast Asia, including:
Why banks aren’t competing with each other but with other tech companies
Why Southeast Asia may be Amazon’s Waterloo
Why WeChat and WhatsApp have been so slow
Why Tencent and Alibaba may team up
- Sean Konieczny: Jack Ma is set to disrupt e-commerce… again
- Emma Lee: These Ex-Baidu employees are connecting SEA merchants with mobile payment tools
- How to leave an iTunes review
- Economy Southeast Asia Report by Temasek and Google.
- RSS feed
- Music credits: “Theme from Penguins on Parade” by Lee Rosevere, Music for Podcasts 3