Ayesha Khanna, CEO of ADDO AI joined us in a conversation on the subject of artificial intelligence aka AI. We discussed the key technologies, major applications in fintech and manufacturing and at the same, discussed the major trends on AI dominating Asia Pacific. Last but not least, Ayesha discussed the implications of AI, particularly in how they will reshape traditional industries and the displacement of knowledge workers’ jobs by AI.
Here are the interesting show notes and links to the discussion (with time-stamps included):
- Ayesha Khanna (@ayeshakhanna1, LinkedIn), CEO of ADDO AI [0:38]
- How did you start your career? [1:24]
- Throughout your career journey, what are the interesting lessons learnt? [3:19]
- Can you briefly introduce your company, ADDO AI and what services do the company provide? [5:08]
- What’s your role and coverage in the company? [7:04]
- AI in Asia Pacific [8:46]
- Let’s start with helping our audience to understand the term Artificial Intelligence or AI in short, what is the definition of artificial intelligence? [8:54]
- What are the key technologies which are driving AI globally? [10:36]
- To effectively leverage on AI whether in the case of supervised or unsupervised learning, large quantities of accurate and precise data are required, what are the key challenges for the technology such that it does not over-predict or learn the wrong results from inaccurate data? [12:20]
- A lot of people seem to conflate automation and AI together, what makes AI different from what we have seen in the past? [14:41]
- How does business benefit from leveraging on AI? [16:55]
- What are the most interesting applications in AI from corporations and startups across Asia Pacific in your opinion? [19:18] Here are some interesting examples from the ADDO incubator which Ayesha did not mention but worth taking a look.
- Surveying the landscape of Asia Pacific, what are the major trends in AI? [20:40]
- In the past two years, there has been a lot in press about technology displacing the knowledge based jobs such as lawyers and doctors and these are mainly in the space of AI, what are your opinions on the matter? [22:44]
- Closing [25:19]
- Can you recommend a book, podcast, movie or anything that has impact your personal or work life recently? [25:19]
- How do my audience find you? [26:45]
- Google Play
- Overcast FM
The show is hosted by Bernard Leong (@bernardleong & weibo) and are sponsored by Ideal Workspace (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn) with their new Altizen Desk on Indiegogo (Twitter, Facebook, Medium). Also check out Ideal Workspace’s new standing desk, Altizen and sign up for their mailing list. Sound credits for the intro music: Taro Iwashiro, “The Beginning” from Red Cliff Soundtrack.