Simon Kemp, founder and CEO of Kepios and global consultant from We are Social, joined us in a conversation to discuss the latest global digital report in 2018. In the second part of our conversation, we discussed how the next billion will be connected and what it means for innovation for voice and video messaging and the profile of the Instagram user. Last but not least, we examined whether Facebook is really declining across the world and whether we are seeing any interesting trends from the ecommerce data.
Here are the interesting show notes and links to the discussion (with time-stamps included):
- Simon Kemp (@eskimon, LinkedIn), Founder & CEO of Kepios, Global Consultant from We Are Social.
- Global Digital Report in 2018 Part 2 [0:41]
- Is the future of humanity distributed when it comes to Internet access? Are we going to see the remainder of Asia connected to the Internet? [1:26]
- Do you see the dynamic of US$50 smartphones and free services offered by Google or Facebook with telcos in these emerging markets allow more people to get connected to the Internet across Asia? [5:21]
- The importance of voice search to connect the next billion with China leading with audio messaging that uses data beyond the exabyte range.[ 9:05]
- Can you talk about the profile of Instagram users? Are they identical to the facebook users? [14:11]
- While the US government and media is now giving Facebook a lot of issues, are the numbers showing something otherwise? In other words, is Facebook really declining? [17:03]
- On Ecommerce, what are the major trends and are we seeing the shift that switches the balance between online and offline retail? [21:49]
- Closing [25:32]
- Can you recommend a book or movie or podcast or anything which recently made an impact to your work and personal life?
- How do my audience find you? [26:57]
Here is the Digital in 2018 Global Review Report:
- Google Play
- Overcast FM
The show is hosted by Bernard Leong (@bernardleong & weibo) and are sponsored by Ideal Workspace (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn) with their new Altizen Desk on Indiegogo (Twitter, Facebook, Medium). Also check out Ideal Workspace’s new standing desk, Altizen and sign up for their mailing list. Sound credits for the intro music: Taro Iwashiro, “The Beginning” from Red Cliff Soundtrack.