Charles Anderson from Charles Reed Anderson and Associates, joined us in a two part conversation discussing the global state of IoT and the evolution of low power wide area networks (LPWANs) in Asia. In the second part, we discusse the state of low power wide area networks and the path for the three major vendors: NB-IoT, LoRA and SigFox across Asia Pacific and how the different telco players are leveraging them to enable IoT for different use cases.
Here are the interesting show notes and links to the discussion (with time-stamps included):
- Charles Anderson (@CRASingapore, LinkedIn), founder of Charles Reed Anderson and Associates. [0:38]
- State of LP Wans in Asia 2018 [0:51]
- Can you introduce the concept of LP Wans and the three major vendors: NB-IoT, SigFox and LoRA? [1:08]
- Among these three major vendors, can you elaborate on their strengths and weaknesses in their technology stack? [4:12]
- The deployments have exploded across Asia Pacific and can you give us an outline of the countries and telcos who are involved? [5:53]
- How does the telcos as customers looking at LP Wans? Are they focused on capabilities or costs? [8:40]
- What are the market awareness of customers from consumer to enterprise who might need to build services and products on the LP Wans? [10:28]
- What are the top 5 challenges of LP Wans and can you provide some details to each of these challenges? [13:28]
- Are LP Wans going the way of the 3G when it first started? Where are the use cases? [16:18]
- By 2019, will the situation on LPWans be the same as today or more use cases will be evolving? [17:54]
- Closing [19:53]
- Google Play
- Overcast FM
The show is hosted by Bernard Leong (@bernardleong & weibo) and are sponsored by Ideal Workspace (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn) with their new Altizen Desk (Twitter, Facebook, Medium). Sound credits for the intro music: Taro Iwashiro, “The Beginning” from Red Cliff Soundtrack.