Cole Sirucek, CEO and co-founder of Docdoc, joined us to discuss the evolution of his digital health startup leading in patient intelligence and shared his perspectives on digital healthcare across Asia. We started from Cole’s early career highlights particularly his time with Temasek and subsequently, the backstory to how Grace Park, his wife and he both started Docdoc and how the company transformed both the healthcare and insurance space. Last but not least, Cole discuss the major trends in digital healthcare space and the challenges in building a startup in that space across Asia.
Here are the interesting show notes and links to the discussion (with time-stamps included):
- Cole Sirucek, co-founder and CEO of Docdoc (@ColeSirucek , LinkedIn) [0:18]
- How did you start your career? [0:59]
- In your career journey, what are the interesting lessons? [3:03]
- Docdoc and Trends on Digital Health in Asia (@docdoc) [5:37]
- As an introduction, can you describe Docdoc as a company, what does it do and can you describe the backstory on how the company are founded? [5:50]
- What is the current vision and mission of Docdoc?
- What is the customer journey for a consumer coming into Docdoc and similarly for a business customer such as an insurance company? [10:36]
- What differentiates Docdoc with the other companies in the healthtech space? [12:53]
- I understand that recently you have received quite a bit of interest from the insurance industry. What are the main reasons insurance companies are interested in partnering with Docdoc? [15:06]
- Where does that transaction layer piece enters into DocDoc upon the discovery and curation stages for patients to discover the doctors? [16:47]
- Besides yourself, who are the key people on your current team? [18:51]
- What’s the geographical business footprint of Docdoc? [21:18]
- Who are the investors of Docdoc? [22:20]
- What will be your metrics if DocDoc is successful in a few years time? [25:48]
- What are the major trends in the digital health space? [27:10]
- Where are the key innovation drivers given that healthcare is a highly regulated space? [28:40]
- What is it like in building a digital health company in Asia Pacific? [30:42]
- Closing [32:34]
Author’s note: There’s a bit of noise at the start, but the recording gradually gets better. We have done our best to work on the sound during editing process and apologized for the little bleeps here and there.
- RSS Feed
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Play
- Overcast FM
- Facebook Video
- Facebook Page
The show is hosted by Bernard Leong (@bernardleong & weibo) and are sponsored by Ideal Workspace (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn) with their new Altizen Desk (Twitter, Facebook, Medium). Sound credits for the intro music: Taro Iwashiro, “The Beginning” from Red Cliff Soundtrack and this episode is edited by Carol Yin, and co-produced by Carol Yin and Bernard Leong.